Who can register as a family?
- 1 parent/guardian and any number of children – $50.00:
- Deaf or hard of hearing child under 18
- Hearing siblings
- Registration fee includes childcare for ages 6 months – 4 years old and/or Color My Future camp for ages 5 – 14 years old
- Additional parent/guardian – $25.00 each
- NOTE: This registration is for the conference only and does not include your hotel reservations.
Who can register for childcare?
ONLY those registrants who have a child who is deaf or hard of hearing aged 18 or under.
What about my child who is 15-18?
Their registration is free! A child who is 15-18 years old will need to be registered separately as a high school student. They do not need to be registered as a child with your family registration.
What if my child doesn’t sign?
We will have staff that are able to communicate with children using a variety of communication modes.
What if I’m a professional and a parent of a deaf or hard of hearing child?
If your deaf or hard of hearing child is 18 years or younger, you may register as a parent. If they’re over 18, you must register as a professional.
How much does the family event cost?
- There is no additional charge for the family event. It is included in your registration.
- The family event will be on Tuesday, July 19, 2022.
* More information about the event will be forthcoming.
What is the Family Event?
- Beach Party (beach toys, popsicles and fun with families)Interpreters provided
- Tuesday, July 19, 2022
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm Near Holiday Beach Rentals
Childcare and Camp Overview:
- 6 months – 4 years old: Children will be dropped off and cared for in a suite at the hotel. Conference will be held in the American Bank Center. Parents will need to pick up their children for lunch (more details available upon registration).
- 5 years – 14 years: Children will be dropped off with Camp Staff in a conference room at the hotel.
Children will be dropped off with Camp Staff in a conference room at the hotel. Then, they will go to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Center for the Color My Future Camp.
Color My Future Camp
The future is a blank page for children to design and color! This camp provides an exploratory experience of different topics and events to spark children’s ambition. A variety of age-appropriate hands-on activities will be offered such as: self-advocacy workshops, fun day trips, STEM activities, and more!
Parents or guardians attending the Statewide Conference for the Education of Deaf (SWCED) can register their children for this specialty day camp if their child is between 5 – 14 years old and either:
- Hard of hearing
- A hearing child with a deaf sibling
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.